Input Box "Onchange" event

julian.tklim

Hi,

I've got an input box with popup calendar (date picker) all generated
using javascipt.

Once a date is selected from the datepicker window, the date value is
populated back to the input box.

The problem is that the input box onchange event does not kick off. The
onchange event only kicks off when value is manually entered. I know
there is no "On Value Change" event for input box. Is there any way to
kick off a function when the value in the input box is changed via
javascipt ?

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Julian

One Dumm Hikk

Hi,

I've got an input box with popup calendar (date picker) all generated
using javascipt.

Once a date is selected from the datepicker window, the date value is
populated back to the input box.

The problem is that the input box onchange event does not kick off. The
onchange event only kicks off when value is manually entered. I know
there is no "On Value Change" event for input box. Is there any way to
kick off a function when the value in the input box is changed via
javascipt ?

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

In the function in the child window that sets the input field, trigger
it's onchange event programatically if it isn't firing on it's own.