<input disabled> color

Jochen Fuhrmann

hi, is there a way to change the color settings of a disabled ellement? css?

jochen

Matthias Gutfeldt

Jochen said:
hi, is there a way to change the color settings of a disabled ellement? css?

Sure, same as for all other elements.

With a class:
input.disabled {color:blue; background-color:lime;}

<input class="disabled" disabled="disabled">

With an attribute selector:
input[disabled="disabled"] {color:blue; background-color:lime;}

Selectors are explained here: <http://w3c.org/TR/CSS2/selector.html>

Both attribute selectors and styling of form elements in general aren't
supported by all browsers.

Matthias

Cameron

brucie said:
in post <Matthias Gutfeldt said:

<input class="disabled" disabled>

Just general info, now in XHTML

<input disabled>

is not valid, it should now be written as...

<input disabled="disabled">

~Cameron

Cameron

Cameron said:
Just general info, now in XHTML

<input disabled>

is not valid, it should now be written as...

<input disabled="disabled">

~Cameron

*Ahem* this will teach me to copy and paste ;)

<input disabled="disabled">

isn't valid in XHTML either ;)

however

<input disabled="disabled" />

is ;)

~Cameron

Cameron

brucie said:
in post <Cameron said:

thats not valid either

if you are referring to my missing / at the end see my other post at
16:32, if not, what else did I miss?

Joined
Apr 19, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
this may offer some help

though I too is struggling with this, there are few things that are possible

check here

codeforfuture.com/2008/12/24/solution-changing-color-of-disabled-checkbox-or-radiobutton