insert external html file

Discussion in 'HTML' started by The wee free man, Apr 10, 2004.

  1. Hi,

    I need to do something that should be very easy: insert an external html
    file in the body of another html file that resides on another domain.
    I can't use the #include directive for several reasons and I'm having
    trouble with <IFRAME> as well.
    If there would be a src attribute for the body tag, this is what it would
    look like:

    <head>
    <title>Seminars</title>
    <link href="style.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet">
    </head>

    No extra scrollbars or hspaces or vspaces or whatelsenot. You get what I'm
    trying to do.
    Of course there is no src attribute.
    How do I accomplish the same thing?

    Thanks a lot!!!

    The wee free man, Apr 10, 2004

  2. The wee free man

    Hywel Guest

    Why should that be easy?

    What's the problem with <iframe>

    You could use JavaScript to load the remote file into an XML object,
    then possibly use XSL to write that to the document.

    Hywel, Apr 10, 2004

  3. The problem with IFRAME is: How do I get the fram to adopt the exact same
    dimensions as the browsers (any browser) client window, even when the user
    resizes it.
    This syntax : style="left:expression(...)" only works on IE, no?

    Thanks.

    The wee free man, Apr 10, 2004
  4. The wee free man

    Hywel Guest

    Dunno - frames are bad. Have you tried using percentage values for the
    width and height attributes?
    How about quoting the post to which you're replying?

    Hywel, Apr 10, 2004
  5. percentages seem to work :)

    How do i get an IFRAME's height to be so big it show the entire contents of
    the text it contains? Without scrollbars appearing, so the user would need
    to use the browser's scrollbars.

    Thanks

    The wee free man, Apr 10, 2004
  6. You seem to have multiposted this, and you included no URL, so apparently
    you don't really want to get help. But if you do, the FAQs are out there,
    just waiting for you.

    On the other hand, are you sure you have really got all the relevant
    permissions to include the other site's page into your own? Copyright
    infringement may cause your entire site closed rather fast these days, at
    least within the EU (where a directive prescribes a fast procedure for
    effectively forcing the infringer's ISP to shut down the infringer's
    site).

    Jukka K. Korpela, Apr 10, 2004
  7. The wee free man

    Hywel Guest

    Once again, how about quoting some of the message to which you're
    replying? The iframe will need its own scrollbars.

    Hywel, Apr 10, 2004