insert external html file

The wee free man

Hi,

I need to do something that should be very easy: insert an external html
file in the body of another html file that resides on another domain.
I can't use the #include directive for several reasons and I'm having
trouble with <IFRAME> as well.
If there would be a src attribute for the body tag, this is what it would
look like:

<head>
<title>Seminars</title>
<link href="style.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet">
</head>

No extra scrollbars or hspaces or vspaces or whatelsenot. You get what I'm
trying to do.
Of course there is no src attribute.
How do I accomplish the same thing?

Thanks a lot!!!

Hywel

Hi,

I need to do something that should be very easy: insert an external html
file in the body of another html file that resides on another domain.

Why should that be easy?

I can't use the #include directive for several reasons and I'm having
trouble with <IFRAME> as well.

What's the problem with <iframe>

You could use JavaScript to load the remote file into an XML object,
then possibly use XSL to write that to the document.

The wee free man

The problem with IFRAME is: How do I get the fram to adopt the exact same
dimensions as the browsers (any browser) client window, even when the user
resizes it.
This syntax : style="left:expression(...)" only works on IE, no?

Thanks.

Hywel

The problem with IFRAME is: How do I get the fram to adopt the exact same
dimensions as the browsers (any browser) client window, even when the user
resizes it.

Dunno - frames are bad. Have you tried using percentage values for the
width and height attributes?
This syntax : style="left:expression(...)" only works on IE, no?

How about quoting the post to which you're replying?

The wee free man

percentages seem to work :)

How do i get an IFRAME's height to be so big it show the entire contents of
the text it contains? Without scrollbars appearing, so the user would need
to use the browser's scrollbars.

Thanks

Jukka K. Korpela

The wee free man said:
I need to do something that should be very easy: insert an external
html file in the body of another html file that resides on another
domain.

You seem to have multiposted this, and you included no URL, so apparently
you don't really want to get help. But if you do, the FAQs are out there,
just waiting for you.

On the other hand, are you sure you have really got all the relevant
permissions to include the other site's page into your own? Copyright
infringement may cause your entire site closed rather fast these days, at
least within the EU (where a directive prescribes a fast procedure for
effectively forcing the infringer's ISP to shut down the infringer's
site).

Hywel

percentages seem to work :)

How do i get an IFRAME's height to be so big it show the entire contents of
the text it contains? Without scrollbars appearing, so the user would need
to use the browser's scrollbars.

Once again, how about quoting some of the message to which you're
replying? The iframe will need its own scrollbars.