Installer for deploying webservice

Amit

Hi,

Is there a way of creating a installer, using Visual studio .NET or any
other tool that installs the ASP.Net web service.

Thanks in advance.
Regards
- Amit Gupta

iKiLL

I see no reason why Install Shield would not work.

All you are doing is creating a Web site really.

i have installed countless Online CRM solutions that did this.

in fact i believe that some of them even had Web Services as part of the
application.

Amit

iKiLL said:
I see no reason why Install Shield would not work.

All you are doing is creating a Web site really.

i have installed countless Online CRM solutions that did this.

in fact i believe that some of them even had Web Services as part of the
application.

Hi iKill,

I guess you misunderstood my question. I meant if there is a way to
create a installer, then it would be nice if someone can give me a
headstart as to how it can be achieved.

Some more info. I have a simple webservice with few functions. I want
that i should have some exe kind of application which on double
clicking installs itself.

thanks & regards
- Amit

iKiLL

It depends on how complex an installer you want.

Does it need to check for the Framework first that kind of thing? Will it
need an Uninstall? if not then it should be relatively straight forward. It
gets hard when you have to deal with DLL's and system files.

If you don't need to do any of that sort of thing, then take a look in this
directory of your machine "C:\Inetpub\AdminScripts" Pay attention to the
mkwebdir.vbs file.

This will get you started setting up a Website using scripts and you should
be able to copy any files you want to the directory using standard file IO
methods.

ink