    those would satisify the dependencies, but apparently not.

    Thanks,
    Joe

    Joe Van Dyk, Jul 18, 2005

  2. Joe Van Dyk

    Joe Van Dyk Guest

    Thanks! I don't trust debian-style ruby packages any more.. I prefer
    to compile it all Ruby related things and put it in one of my local
    directories.

    But on my system, freeglut3-dev is installed. And those other
    packages (xlibmesa-gl-dev and xlibmesa-glu-dev) are installed too.

    joe@big:~/src/opengl-0.32d$ ruby extconf.rb
    checking for XAllowDeviceEvents() in -lXi... yes
    checking for XMITMiscGetBugMode() in -lXext... yes
    checking for XmuAddCloseDisplayHook() in -lXmu... yes
    checking for XOpenDisplay() in -lX11... yes
    checking for main() in -lGL... yes
    checking for main() in -lGLU... no
    checking for main() in -lMesaGLU... no
    can't create OpenGL module!

    joe@big:~/src/opengl-0.32d$ ls /usr/lib/libGL*
    /usr/lib/libGL.a /usr/lib/libGL.so =20
    /usr/lib/libGLU.a /usr/lib/libGLU.so.1.3
    /usr/lib/libGLcore.so.1 /usr/lib/libGL.so.1 =20
    /usr/lib/libGLU.so /usr/lib/libGLcore.so.1.0.7174 =20
    /usr/lib/libGL.so.1.0.7174 /usr/lib/libGLU.so.1

    Why can't it see /usr/lib/libGLU.so or /usr/lib/libGLU.a?

    Joe Van Dyk, Jul 18, 2005