Insurance triggers a code injection attack

Sati

Hi All,
Does anyone know how to clean a asp application from a
virus that converts labels with the word 'Insurance' into
link button to a web page. It also injects text in the
textbox when the textbox.text has any reference to
this 'insurance' word.

I am using custom controls on custom page. This injection
seems to be occurring after the pre-render event.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Before you resort to drastic action consider whether the 'virus' is infact a 'Browser Helper Object' (BHO) distributed with free/shareware software. These are frequently installed on the back of systems like Kazaa with little explanation of what they actually do.

One example is Adware, this loads a BHO into Internet Explorer. The BHO reads any HTML text looking for common keywords, then replaces it with an Ad-link. Similar to the symptoms you describe

There are many removal tools on the market, one that I've used before is Ad-aware by Lavasoft (www.lavasoftusa.com). Removing spyware may stop some free/shareware programs from running. Remember nothing is truely free right?