interfacing a serial device

dev

hi
i want to know about interfacing or accessing a serial port using
c-program please help me with an example thanks for whom who reply
me soon

Jack Klein

hi
i want to know about interfacing or accessing a serial port using
c-program please help me with an example thanks for whom who reply
me soon

The C language does not define an interface to any hardware devices at
all, because the language itself is completely platform independent
but hardware devices, and how you access them, are 100% dependent on
both the hardware and the operating system.

You need to ask about this in a newsgroup that supports programming
for your platform, or one specific to your compiler.

Taking a guess from the headers on your post, I would think that
is the group that you want.

jacob navia

dev said:
hi
i want to know about interfacing or accessing a serial port using
c-program please help me with an example thanks for whom who reply
me soon
Even if it were topical here (what it is not) you do not
say which machine you use, what "serial port" means (RS 232 ???)
which operating system, etc etc.

It is impossible in principle to know what you want.

Walter Roberson

dev said:
i want to know about interfacing or accessing a serial port using
c-program please help me with an example thanks for whom who reply
me soon

Others have (correctly) pointed you to other newsgroups.

If you are looking for an example, then I suggest reading the C-Kermit
source. The Windows version of Kermit is proprietary but the
unified code for all the other versions is readily downloadable.

Rod Pemberton

dev said:
hi
i want to know about interfacing or accessing a serial port using
c-program please help me with an example thanks for whom who reply
me soon

PC serial port page and code:
http://my.execpc.com/CE/AC/geezer/osd/serial/

Google/Yahoo search should help you find many similar pages. Search for
something like this, replace 16650 with the chip you want:

+"serial port" +uart +code +16650

Rod Pemberton

dev

windows platform and i want to access lpt port for controlling a motion
device ex:car(toy)

Default User

dev said:
windows platform and i want to access lpt port for controlling a
motion device ex:car(toy)

All of this is off-topic here, I guess. You didn't include any quotes
so it's a bit hard to say. As you can't do what you ask in ISO standard
C, you need to find a newsgroup dedicated to your platform.

Brian