    Hai all!
    I am a newbie in VHDL. And my project involves interfacing digital
    camera with FPGA. May I know the ways I can do it?

    Deepa, Apr 29, 2005

  2. if method = "do_it_myself" then
    specification <= research & write;
    comp.lang.vhdl <= questions(reasonable);
    code <= write & debug;
    happy <= true;

    elsif find(sucker) = true then
    happy <= true;
    task <= sucker;

    else
    if balance(bank) > $10000 then
    report "Ouch!" severity note;
    task <= consultant($10000);
    happy <= true;

    else
    happy <= false;
    end if;

    Tim Hubberstey, Apr 29, 2005

  3. Deepa

    Taras_96 Guest

    *lol*

    Taras_96, Apr 29, 2005
  4. Deepa

    Jerry Coffin Guest

    Tim Hubberstey wrote:

    [ ... your code seems to have a bug or two: ]
    There's never a reason (IMO) to compare to true -- after all, if you're
    comparing to true, you must already have a boolean, which is what the
    comaparison also produces, so:

    elsif find(sucker) then
    I suspect you really meant:

    sucker <= task;

    I.e. assigning the task to the sucker. :)

    Jerry Coffin, Apr 29, 2005
  5. Not really a bug, just redundant. That's what happens when you code on
    the fly without checking the result. :(
    This all depends on your point of view. Assigning the sucker to the task
    is, I believe, an equally valid expression.

    Perhaps what is really needed here is some kind of bi-directional
    assignment operator, like a transmission gate. I propose a new operator,
    the "equivalence" operator, with symbol "<=>", for situations like this.
    ;-)

    Tim Hubberstey, Apr 30, 2005
  6. Deepa

    DAVID BINNIE Guest

    Thanks Tim,

    Deepa should also be aware that his supervisor reads the newsgroups too !

    Dr B

    DAVID BINNIE, Apr 30, 2005
  7. Deepa

    info_ Guest

    Aye !

    We wrote a short Apnote :
    http://www.alse-fr.com/ALSE_Video.pdf
    or if you prefer English :
    http://www.alse-fr.com/English/ALSE_Video_us.pdf

    You'll see page 5 how we connected an Omnivision camera to the
    Nios Cyclone 1C20 board (in fact, to one if the SantaCruz extension,
    the other being populated wit hthe lancelot Ramdac board.)
    We used the PS2 interace of Lancelot for the I2C camera I/F.

    It was really easy to set up this demonstrator.
    (the Nios Cyclone board is an excellent platform)
    -just don't forget to remove the Compact Flash card if you have one-

    Bert Cuzeau

    info_, Apr 30, 2005