Internet Explorer, COM+, Javascript and Python

Discussion in 'Python' started by Ishpeck, Apr 27, 2005.

  1. Ishpeck

    Ishpeck Guest

    Ishpeck, Apr 27, 2005

  2. Ishpeck

    Roger Upole Guest

    Something like this should be close:

    import win32com.client, pythoncom
    ie=win32com.client.Dispatch('internetexplorer.application')
    ie.Visible=1
    ie.Navigate('somepagewithjavascript.html')
    id=ie.Document.Script._oleobj_.GetIDsOfNames('somejsfunction')
    res=ie.Document.Script._oleobj_.Invoke(id, 0, pythoncom.DISPATCH_METHOD,
    True, <parameter or tuple of parameters> )

    hth
    Roger

    Roger Upole, Apr 28, 2005

  3. Ishpeck

    J Correia Guest

    Yes, that definitely works. Only one minor correction: it seems that to
    pass multiple parameters you need to pass them sequentially seperated by
    commas instead of in a tuple, i.e.
    res=ie.Document.Script._oleobj_.Invoke(id, 0, pythoncom.DISPATCH_METHOD,
    True, param1, param2, param3, ......... )

    Useful test sitefor above code:
    http://www.cpplab.com/Articles/JSCalls/TestPage/JSCallTestPage.htm

    HTH,
    =----

    J Correia, Apr 28, 2005
  4. Ishpeck

    dannyguindi Guest

    Do you guys know if there is a way to do this in Linux?
    Thanks.

    Danny

    dannyguindi, May 31, 2005
  5. Ishpeck

    Peter Hansen Guest

    What is "this"? Your subject line provides a context, but not a problem
    to which we can give you the solution. Please be specific.

    -Peter

    Peter Hansen, May 31, 2005