Internet Explorer & Response.Redirect

Raterus

Anyone know how I can figure out the figure out the response.redirect trail a browser goes through when I'm using response.redirect on the server. Right now Internet Explorer just automatically redirects, I need to figure out, on the client, the pages it is being told to go to. Yes I know I can look in the address bar, but say the Response object is redirecting 3 or 4 pages per Request. I need this for a debugging issue.

Thanks
--Michael

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\) [MVP]

If you are doing more than one Response.Redirect, you are not using it
correctly, from a .NET perspective.

The only way to debug is to do it locally, and slap breakpoints in each
potentially used page. From the client side, you can only, realistically,
track one page at a time, although you can get the history for the last few
pages (Response.Redirect leaves footprints) by going back in history, in
JavaScript, on the final page.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!
Anyone know how I can figure out the figure out the response.redirect trail
a browser goes through when I'm using response.redirect on the server.
Right now Internet Explorer just automatically redirects, I need to figure
out, on the client, the pages it is being told to go to. Yes I know I can
look in the address bar, but say the Response object is redirecting 3 or 4
pages per Request. I need this for a debugging issue.

Thanks
--Michael

bruce barker

install netmon and run a trace.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Anyone know how I can figure out the figure out the response.redirect trail
a browser goes through when I'm using response.redirect on the server.
Right now Internet Explorer just automatically redirects, I need to figure
out, on the client, the pages it is being told to go to. Yes I know I can
look in the address bar, but say the Response object is redirecting 3 or 4
pages per Request. I need this for a debugging issue.

Thanks
--Michael

John Saunders

Anyone know how I can figure out the figure out the response.redirect trail
a browser goes through when I'm using response.redirect on the server.
Right now Internet Explorer just automatically redirects, I need to figure
out, on the client, the pages it is being told to go to. Yes I know I can
look in the address bar, but say the Response object is redirecting 3 or 4
pages per Request. I need this for a debugging issue.

Response.Redirect changes the headers in the response from the server to the
client. It makes the status be "302 - Found", and it adds a Location: header
with the URL you specified in the Response.Redirect.

The client sees this response and requests the URL specified in the Location
header. That's all.