    Anyone know how I can figure out the figure out the response.redirect trail a browser goes through when I'm using response.redirect on the server. Right now Internet Explorer just automatically redirects, I need to figure out, on the client, the pages it is being told to go to. Yes I know I can look in the address bar, but say the Response object is redirecting 3 or 4 pages per Request. I need this for a debugging issue.

    Thanks
    --Michael

    Raterus, Jun 7, 2004

  2. If you are doing more than one Response.Redirect, you are not using it
    correctly, from a .NET perspective.

    The only way to debug is to do it locally, and slap breakpoints in each
    potentially used page. From the client side, you can only, realistically,
    track one page at a time, although you can get the history for the last few
    pages (Response.Redirect leaves footprints) by going back in history, in
    JavaScript, on the final page.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think Outside the Box!

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\) [MVP], Jun 7, 2004

  3. Raterus

    bruce barker Guest

    install netmon and run a trace.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Jun 7, 2004
  4. Anyone know how I can figure out the figure out the response.redirect trail
    a browser goes through when I'm using response.redirect on the server.
    Right now Internet Explorer just automatically redirects, I need to figure
    out, on the client, the pages it is being told to go to. Yes I know I can
    look in the address bar, but say the Response object is redirecting 3 or 4
    pages per Request. I need this for a debugging issue.

    Response.Redirect changes the headers in the response from the server to the
    client. It makes the status be "302 - Found", and it adds a Location: header
    with the URL you specified in the Response.Redirect.

    The client sees this response and requests the URL specified in the Location
    header. That's all.

    John Saunders, Jun 7, 2004