Introduction to JavaScript Programming

Charlene Russ

Learn on-line at your own in a user-centered format with plenty of
interaction and personal attention.

This is a basic level coursed designed to introduce the novice to
intermediate computer user to the JavaScript language, and focuses on
creating user interactivity on personal websites. This Object Oriented
Language is known for creating a high level of interactivity with minimal
coding, and is fairly simple to learn.

We will begin with an overview of Javascript, describe its applications and
compare it to other web programming languages. Flash integration with
Javascript will also be addressed throughout the course. Topics we will be
covering include, Incorporating Javascript into an HTML page, Simple
Scripting, Time and Date,Data Variables,Writing Output, User Prompts,
Working with images, Creative Scripting, Data Types, and Navigation with
Javascript.

Objective:
To provide the student with an enjoyable learning experience complete with
personalized instruction.

Course Requirements:

Internet and Email Access
Text Editor Such as Notepad or Textpad
Ability to send attachments,
or webspace to post assignments
Netscape 6 or later
Internet Explorer 5.5 or later

Preferred but not mandatory

HTML Editor ( *Dreamweaver MX has some nice features)
Flash 5 or Flash MX
Printer Access (printing out the lessons can be very helpful)

Introduction to JavaScript, currently only $20 per six-week session!

To enroll visit us on-line at:

The Eclectic Academy
http://www.eclecticacademy.com
'The Better Choice in On-Line Learning'

kaeli

lorena29 said:
Learn on-line at your own in a user-centered format with plenty of
interaction and personal attention.

If your JS is as good as your grammar, I'll pass.

Charlene Russ

I do apologize for the singular typo in the last posting, but I'll pass on
you as a student as well.

Thank you.

kaeli

lorena29 said:
I do apologize for the singular typo in the last posting, but I'll pass on
you as a student as well.

Thank you.

Grammar is your friend. If you found only one typo, you either need to
proofread better or to stop relying on your spell-checker.
You have run-on sentences, missing words, and incorrect punctuation.

This is normally not all that important, but you're spamming an advert
for a learning institution. So, I get to pick on you.

Have a nice day!