Is boa-constructor dead?

Mark Carter

I noticed that boa-constructor has been stuck at 0.2.3 for a long time
now. Is it dead?

Andrei

Mark Carter wrote on Saturday 10 April 2004 14:42:
I noticed that boa-constructor has been stuck at 0.2.3 for a long time
now. Is it dead?

Nope, it just doesn't release very often on the front page, where one would
normally expect releases to appear :). There is activity on CVS. There is
also a - not very well publicized - 0.2.8 zip/tarball somewhere in the
forums if I'm not mistaken. I just can't find it right now.

--
Yours,

Andrei

=====
Real contact info (decode with rot13):
(e-mail address removed). Fcnz-serr! Cyrnfr qb abg hfr va choyvp cbfgf. V ernq
gur yvfg, fb gurer'f ab arrq gb PP.

Uwe Grauer

Andrei said:
Mark Carter wrote on Saturday 10 April 2004 14:42:

Nope, it just doesn't release very often on the front page, where one would
normally expect releases to appear :). There is activity on CVS. There is
also a - not very well publicized - 0.2.8 zip/tarball somewhere in the
forums if I'm not mistaken. I just can't find it right now.

Here is a Message from Rijan from 15.12.03:
Riaan said:
> Hi everyone,
>
> 0.2.8 is available from CVS.
>
> Changes:
> * Improved EOL handling
> * Converting (Edit->Convert...)
> * Mode switching (Edit->STC settings...)
> * Warning when mixed EOLs are detected
> * Added application todo view
> * On app module, Views->Application todos
> * Gives navigatible app wide todo list
> * Much improved support for maskededit family of controls
> * Added page about Sizers to the application help
> * It's not linked to yet, but can be opened in a browser,
> at Docs/boa/apphelp/Sizers.html
> * Many bug fixes
> * Fixed process freezing if printing > 4k text
> * Sizer, Designer and Editor bugs
> * BicycleRepairMan plug-in bugs
>
> Updated versions of the maskededit controls needed by Boa can be
> found here:
> http://boa-constructor.sourceforge.net/files/maskededitctrls-0.2.8.zip
> Replace the ones in wxPython/lib/*
>
> A checkout of the 0.2.8 tree can be found here:
> http://boa-constructor.sourceforge.net/files/boa-constructor-0.2.8-snapshot.tgz
>
> Enjoy,
> Riaan.

Hope this helps,
Uwe

Colin J. Williams

Version 0.2.8 works well. It is not completely bug free, but it is a
powerful tool.

Colin W.