Is there an equivalent to CreateObject in JavaScript?

Paul Hanchett

I want to do some Win32 application automation from JavaScript. Is it
possible? Failing that, is there a way to execute an application from
JavaScript?

Paul

Martin Honnen

Paul said:
I want to do some Win32 application automation from JavaScript. Is it
possible? Failing that, is there a way to execute an application from
JavaScript?

You can write Windows Script Host scripts in any active scripting
language, Windows comes with VBScript and JScript (MS version of
JavaScript) so to automate an application you simply use
var application = WScript.CreateObject('program.id')