is there some module update(install tools)?

hyena

Hi,

I am quite new to python and am looking for some tools that can
install and update modules a bit more intelligent then "python setup.py
install". Is there some thing like "yum" in fedora which can search and
install/update packages automatically?

thanks in advance!

Adonis Vargas

hyena said:
Hi,

I am quite new to python and am looking for some tools that can
install and update modules a bit more intelligent then "python setup.py
install". Is there some thing like "yum" in fedora which can search and
install/update packages automatically?

thanks in advance!

setuptools is for you
http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/setuptools

Once installed, its easy as easy_install <module name>

Hope this helps.

Adonis Vargas