Is This Normal?

Alex Katebi

When I reply to ruby-talk I get an extra copy of my reply.
Is this normal?

Thanks,
-Alex

Ben Bleything

When I reply to ruby-talk I get an extra copy of my reply.
Is this normal?

You're not really getting two copies of your reply, it's an artifact
of how gmail works. It's showing you both the message you sent and
the copy that the mailing list sent out.

You may be able to tell ruby-talk not to send you your own messages,
or you can probably set up a filter to get rid of the copy the list
sends you.

Ben

Alex Katebi

Hello Matz,

I am a member of Mysql, Ubuntu and other mailing lists. None of them show
this behavior.
When I send an email I don't get any emails echoed back. When I send replies
I get just one copy of myself.

In ruby-talk everything sent by me has an extra copy. I think something is
broken. Possibly at the ruby-talk end since I am OK with other mailing
lists.

By the way, thanks for a great language!
-Alex

Rados³aw Bu³at

I am a member of Mysql, Ubuntu and other mailing lists. None of them sh= ow
this behavior.
When I send an email I don't get any emails echoed back. When I send repl= ies
I get just one copy of myself.

In ruby-talk everything sent by me has an extra copy. I think something i= s
broken. Possibly at the ruby-talk end since I am OK with other mailing
lists.

Maybe these other mailing lists doesn't send mail to senders? As
someone pointed already you can set in gmail some filter to now show
message from your mail that was send to ruby-talk etc.

--=20
Pozdrawiam

Rados=B3aw Bu=B3at
http://radarek.jogger.pl - m=F3j blog

Phlip

You may be able to tell ruby-talk not to send you your own messages,
or you can probably set up a filter to get rid of the copy the list
sends you.

Or you could hit , and apply Post-Here-Read-Here.

(-: