Is this possible?

Shawn

Hi,
I have a page that lists documents from a database. The database doesn't
store the actual files, only an URL to where they can be downloaded. When a
user clicks on a link, a new window is opened and the user is taken to
another site. There the user will have to login first before he is
redirected to the file he wants to download.

My question is this: If the user submits his username and password on my
site, can I then download the document and store it on the web server? Is
there support in the .NET framework to establish a connection to another web
application, submit a username and password and then download the file I'm
redirected to?

The reason why I want to do this is because I then can download all the
files the user is interested in, instead of the user having to open, lets
say, 35 new windows, submitting his username and password 35 times to get
the 35 files he is interested in.

Any help here is GREATLY appreciated!!
Thanks,
Shawn

vMike

Shawn said:
[...]

You might want to look into the WebClient class