IsPostBack returns false

Boris Zakharin

I am using the .Net framework 1.1 and VS.NET 2003.

I have some code where, for some reason, IsPostBack returns false messing up
my code. I have a DataGrid, whose data I am trying to edit. Instead of using
inline editing I have the code set a variable to the primary key of the row
I'm going to edit and then displaying editting controls and filling them
with data. Also I have code in the load event which clears the above
variable when IsPostBack is false, to initialize it. When I click on the
Edit button in my DataGrid, IsPostBack is correctly true and my controls are
populated correctly. However, as far as I can understand the debugger, once
the controls are populated, the load event is called again, this time with
IsPostBack as false. By the time I click the "Save" button to write the data
back, the variable is cleared.

I can work around this problem by initializing the variable elsewhere, but
this may be a problem. I wonder if it is what is described at
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821758&Product=aspnet.
If so, can I actually get this fix without calling MS?

Thanks,
Boris Zakharin