iteration

Bill Cunningham

I have looked on the net through the first 33 pages of kandr2 and can't
find and it completely escapes me how to fill and array. I have char a[64];
and I want to fill it with 0-63. I've been stumped.

Siri Cruise

Bill Cunningham said:
I have looked on the net through the first 33 pages of kandr2 and can't
find and it completely escapes me how to fill and array. I have char a[64];
and I want to fill it with 0-63. I've been stumped.

for (int k=0; k<64; k++) a[k] = k;

Barry Schwarz

Bill said:
Siri said:
for (int k=0; k<64; k++) a[k] = k;

Thanks much I remembered the a[k] but not the lvalue.

Or should I say rvalue.

You shouldn't say either since it is obvious the terms confuse you.

Rather than try to use technical terms which add nothing to the
discussion, just remember that the assignment operators (yes there are
more than one of them) assign a value to a variable. You forgot the
value which is kind of strange since it was the whole purpose of your
original question.