Java 1.2 Swing vs. Java 1.5 Swing

Big Daddy

Has much changed from swing in java 1.2 to swing in java 1.5? I was
thinking of getting the o'reilly swing book first edition of e-bay for
$10 but it is only up to java 1.2 and is 7 years old. Would this book be
missing much? Has anyone read it?

Angus Parvis

Big said:
Has much changed from swing in java 1.2 to swing in java 1.5? I was
thinking of getting the o'reilly swing book first edition of e-bay for
$10 but it is only up to java 1.2 and is 7 years old. Would this book be
missing much? Has anyone read it?

compare the online apis and see if something's deprecated in the newer
version

angus

Pete Barrett

Has much changed from swing in java 1.2 to swing in java 1.5? I was
thinking of getting the o'reilly swing book first edition of e-bay for
$10 but it is only up to java 1.2 and is 7 years old. Would this book be
missing much? Has anyone read it?

If this is Java Foundation Classes in a Nutshell, then there are a few
things missing (the only one I've run into is the JSpinner and related
classes, but no doubt there are a few others), but it's mostly all
there.

Pete Barrett