java api book

sakcee

Hi

is there a book that jumps right into using java api, instead of
explaining loops and a+b expressions.
something like accelerated c++.

all languages are more or less same in basic control sturctures etc.
its the api, library , applications etc that matter

thanks for help

Andrew Thompson

is there a book that jumps right into using java api,

I'm not much of an expert on books (I generally
prefer the web for information), but someone who
posts regularly around these parts is passionate
about books and has reviewed many..
all languages are more or less same in basic control sturctures etc.
its the api, library , applications etc that matter

The JavaDocs (from Sun) gets more into the crux of
the API and (some - depends how you define them)
libraries. The JavaDocs are available for online
browsing, or download.

Andrew T.

TechBookReport

Hi

is there a book that jumps right into using java api, instead of
explaining loops and a+b expressions.
something like accelerated c++.

all languages are more or less same in basic control sturctures etc.
its the api, library , applications etc that matter

thanks for help
Take a look at...

Java In A Nutshell (http://www.techbookreport.com/tbr0155.html), it does
exactly what you ask for.

TechBookReport

Andrew said:
I'm not much of an expert on books (I generally
prefer the web for information), but someone who
posts regularly around these parts is passionate
about books and has reviewed many..

The JavaDocs (from Sun) gets more into the crux of
the API and (some - depends how you define them)
libraries. The JavaDocs are available for online
browsing, or download.

Andrew T.
Andrew, thanks for the mention...

Pan