java as a first language

Dale Lenzen

I am very new to programming and Java is the first language I'm learning.
I'm in a very fast-paced program and I am finding it very difficult to
understand some of the main concepts in order to complete projects.

Are there any tutorial type sites for language-ignorant people that you
would recommend?

Pam

Ad

Jos A. Horsmeier

Dale Lenzen said:
I am very new to programming and Java is the first language I'm learning.
I'm in a very fast-paced program and I am finding it very difficult to
understand some of the main concepts in order to complete projects.

Are there any tutorial type sites for language-ignorant people that you
would recommend?

Have a look at http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/
There are a lot of 'trails' there, each covering a different
topic of the Java language and its technologies. Simply
start at the basics and work youself through all the
basic trails. At the end you'll understand all of the
main concepts and then some.

kind regards,

Jos

Ad