Java Decompiler

gmcdanie

I am looking for a Java Decompiler... preferably free.

Any suggestions. Ease of use isn't a problem as long as it does a fair job.

Adam

gmcdanie said:
I am looking for a Java Decompiler... preferably free.

Any suggestions. Ease of use isn't a problem as long as it does a
fair job.

What, is google broken down?
How hard is it to type 'java decompiler'
in google? Easier than posting
a newsgroup, that's for sure!

Adam

Eric Bodden

Once upon a time <[email protected]>,
gmcdanie said:
I am looking for a Java Decompiler... preferably free.
Try SOOT from Sable McGill. That's pretty sophisticated. It let's you
decompile into various intermediate represenations (suitable for bytecode
optimization) and to real Java Sourcecode. Also it is able to compile back
from any of those.

Eric

Hugh Lutley

fair job.

What, is google broken down?
How hard is it to type 'java decompiler'
in google? Easier than posting
a newsgroup, that's for sure!

Adam

Google searches the net, news users give good advice (sometimes!).

There is a difference.

Hugh
--
/* Hugh Lutley aKa Spewy
* This message was created on either

Ryan Stewart

Hugh Lutley said:
Google searches the net, news users give good advice (sometimes!).

There is a difference.

Google searches usenet archives, which is all the good advice previously
given to people who asked exactly the same questions from people who get
tired of saying the same thing over and over and over and over...

gmcdanie

If I wanted critisism I would have said...

Anyone know of a good Java decompiler and please criticize me as well.

I searched Google. I came up with JODE and DJ Java.

I was asking more for what you newsgroup people like to use and anyother
input that might be hard to find on Google.

Sheesh you guys need to relax if you don't want to repeat yourself because
this question has been asked a hundred times before just don't respond.

gmcdanie

Thanks for your input...

I did not see this one when doing a Google search. I will check it out.

Collin VanDyck

Sheesh you guys need to relax if you don't want to repeat yourself because
this question has been asked a hundred times before just don't respond.

I can understand where you are coming from, but there are a TON of requests
to the newsgroups that could easily be fetched with a google usetnet lookup.
Unfortunately, sometimes legitimate requests get attacked. It is actually
bothersome for people who spend a lot of time in a particular group to keep
seeing the same issues over and over again.

Andrew Thompson

gmcdanie wrote:
"Adam" ...
If I wanted critisism I would have said...

If you wanted to avoid criticism, you might
have asked a smart question. In your question,
you _might_ have stated something like..

"I searched Google. I came up with JODE and DJ Java."

Which is exactly what you state (claim) later *
(or rather, top-post).

You also respond to the person that suggested it,
"I tried this one. It wasn't very helpful for me."

Yeah, why?? Your comment was not very
useful to _anyone_.
Anyone know of a good Java decompiler and please criticize me as well.

You deserve criticism, and plenty of it,
get off your butt and formulate an
intelligent question, but first, research the
question properly.

*
I searched Google. I came up with JODE and DJ Java.

I was asking more for what you newsgroup people like to use

So why not state that? Just because
you selfishly cross-post to 3 groups,
one of which is c.l.j.swt, does not mean
we can guess that was in your head.

Do you think we are telepathic?
...and
anyother input that might be hard to find on Google.

Sheesh you guys need to relax if you don't want to repeat yourself
because this question has been asked a hundred times before just
don't respond.

We have to work to increase the S/N
ratio against lazy, ignorant, ungrateful gits
such as you.

It's a tough job, but someone has to do it,
otherwise the group would become swamped.

Haider Kazmi

Actually what would be interesting to find if there is any decompiler
available (freely) that preserves line information.

The only time I use a decompiler is when I need to figure out whats going
wrong in a part of code that is throwing an exception and I don't have its
original source.

I recently had to decompile some jboss code cause there was some missing
source code for it. I ended up decompiling and recompiling and producing the
exception again for the relevent code to figure out whats going wrong :(

A deCompiler that preservs line information would have been great and saved
me atleast an hr.

cheers

gmcdanie

My mistake that I did not ask the question correctly.
Sorry for any inconvenience.

I am new to news groups and hadn't done anything with the Google usenet.

You guys need to start being nicer...

P.S. all claims made were factual.
If I am wrong about something I admit it.

GaryM

Google searches usenet archives, which is all the good advice
previously given to people who asked exactly the same questions
from people who get tired of saying the same thing over and over
and over and over...

But it can be old advice, though I agree it should be first port of
call.

Andrew Thompson

GaryM said:
"Ryan Stewart"
But it can be old advice,

Sort by relevance | *Sort* *by* *date*

RHS under second yellowish bar.

Where's my spoon? ;-)

GaryM

Sort by relevance | *Sort* *by* *date*

RHS under second yellowish bar.

Where's my spoon? ;-)

The | means sort by date is not necessarily relevant, and indeed, it
isn't so.

nos

gmcdanie said:
I am looking for a Java Decompiler... preferably free.

Any suggestions. Ease of use isn't a problem as long as it does a fair job.

NMI's Java Code Viewer

nos