    enough security...

    Im referring to something like jsmooth...

    Thanks for your feedback

    tiewknvc9, Oct 5, 2006

  2. tiewknvc9

    Oliver Wong Guest

    "tiewknvc9" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi!
    >
    > Im trying to figure out if using a program that generates an exe while
    > wrapping my jar file inside it, would actually protect my code (without
    > obfuscation) from potential hackers with decompilers.
    >
    > While I am aware that exe's can be decompiled, although very difficult
    > to read, I dont know if wrapping my jar in an exe would actually add
    > enough security...
    >
    > Im referring to something like jsmooth...
    >
    > Thanks for your feedback

    Depends on the implementation. It's possible all the EXE does is
    extracts the JAR and executes it, and deletes the JAR once the program
    finishes. If so, it's possible for the hacker to just stop the program
    before the delete occurs, and thus gain access to the JAR.

    - Oliver

    Oliver Wong, Oct 5, 2006

  3. I use NativeJ (http://www.dobysoft.com/products/nativej/) and asked the author
    this question quite a while back. His reply might be helpful to you:

    >> Is it possible for my malicious client to find that (extracted) jar
    >> file and having any chance to decompile it?

    > The embedded JAR feature is _not_ a security feature! You should look
    > into byte-code obfuscators (eg. ProGuard - proguard.sourceforge.net) if
    > you want to prevent third parties from decompiling your JAR files.

    Cheers.

    victor at sevencoins dot com, Oct 9, 2006
  4. tiewknvc9

    kumar2828

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2016
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi
    I have developed small application then extract to runnable jar then wrapped that to .exe.
    wrapped jar (.exe) can be extracted easily using 7zip app. so, it not giving enough security.

    Do we have any other way to protect (wrapped jar) .exe files from extracters like 7zip?

    kumar2828, Aug 30, 2016