Java image/picture/bitmap?

Eric

Hi all,

A question from an absolute Java newbie:

I have to translate some Delphi code into Java. It is a class that
performs simple image processing. Image data is sent to the class via
Delphi's TImage object. After processing, the image is available as
Delphi's TBitmap object. These objects are built into the Delphi
language, so anybody coding in Delphi can use the class easily.

What would be the Java equivalent? BufferedImage, Image, other?

I guess the short version of the question is: if you were to use a third
party image processing class, what would be your preferred way of
passing image data to/from it?

Thanks,
Eric

Daniel Pitts

Eric said:
Hi all,

A question from an absolute Java newbie:

I have to translate some Delphi code into Java. It is a class that
performs simple image processing. Image data is sent to the class via
Delphi's TImage object. After processing, the image is available as
Delphi's TBitmap object. These objects are built into the Delphi
language, so anybody coding in Delphi can use the class easily.

What would be the Java equivalent? BufferedImage, Image, other?

I guess the short version of the question is: if you were to use a third
party image processing class, what would be your preferred way of
passing image data to/from it?

Thanks,
Eric
Passing the image in, probably the third-party library should accept and
Image, and you should create a BufferedImage to pass to it.

Daniel Pitts

Eric said:
Hi all,

A question from an absolute Java newbie:

I have to translate some Delphi code into Java. It is a class that
performs simple image processing. Image data is sent to the class via
Delphi's TImage object. After processing, the image is available as
Delphi's TBitmap object. These objects are built into the Delphi
language, so anybody coding in Delphi can use the class easily.

What would be the Java equivalent? BufferedImage, Image, other?

I guess the short version of the question is: if you were to use a third
party image processing class, what would be your preferred way of
passing image data to/from it?

Thanks,
Eric
Oh, and aside from my other response, you should look into JMagick, its
the open source Java interface to ImageMagick:
<http://www.yeo.id.au/jmagick/>