Java VHDL Parser

Bernhard Peischl

Dear colleagues,

is anybody aware of a (free) VHDL parser written in the Java
programming language. One of my students would be very happy to obtain
such a tool.

Thank you for you immediate help

Bernhard

Colin Paul Gloster

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006, Charles, NG wrote:

"The only one I am aware of is

http://home.wtal.de/software-solutions/vhdl-parser/

[..]"

Despite claiming on
http://home.wtal.de/software-solutions/vhdl-parser/readme.html
that "VHDL Parser is the first VHDL93 parser which was written in pure
Java", it is admitted elsewhere on the website that it is written with the
Java Compiler Compiler (which takes BNF and optionally some Java as input,
and outputs 100% Java).

I remember that an old version of JavaCC came with a partial VHDL example.
JavaCC/examples/VHDL in JavaCC 0.7pre1 on
https://javacc.dev.java.net/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=212&expandFolder=212&folderID=110
has it, but the latest version ( https://javacc.dev.java.net/ ) does not
come with this by default. The repository of JavaCC grammars (on
https://javacc.dev.java.net/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=110
) contains a hyperlink for
http://www.ti.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de/grimm/hybrid.html#VHDL-AMS
which contains exactly the same version of the grammar.

Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Free VHDL Parser in Java

Hi,
You can download the free VHDL parser implemented in Java
and relevant documents from the site -

http : // www . questatechnologies . com / VHDL-RTL-Parser.html

There are other utilities like Verilog RTL and netlist parsers,
SoC building tool to connect IPs to create the top level RTL,
RTL ( VHDL and Verilog ) sorting tool, IPXACT , testbench generators,
Design hierarchy browser, module dependency browsers in GUI ...

Have a look on to the site -

http : // www . questatechnologies . com

If you want to download only the JAR files instead of the tar balls,
you can do so from the page-

http : // www . questatechnologies . com / libraries.html

All free and very prompt support from the developer(s) .

Please remove the spaces from the URLs given above, I had to give
space since it does to allow e to put URLs ...
Thanks.