Java Webmaster PAY

Student

i am 18 year old student currently training to be a java webmaster in the uk and was wondering what the starting pay is like and if java is really a DEAD lang?

Roedy Green

i am 18 year old student currently training to be a java webmaster in the uk and was wondering what the starting pay is like and if java is really a DEAD lang?

check your local papers.

Harald Hein

Student said:
i am 18 year old student currently training to be a java webmaster
in the uk and was wondering what the starting pay is like and if
java is really a DEAD lang?

I don't know, I am not a "webmaster", just a system administrator and
programmer. From my point of view that web professions seems to be on
the way down. Two many clueless idiots were trying to make a living
under that label, which seems to have an impact on how the job is
viewed by potential employers. E.g. recently a Spanish company
published an ad in one of Germany's largest computer magazines. The job
description included "and anyway, you brew coffee from time to time".

My suggestion would be to get some very solid education and not trying
to make some quick money from webmastering. And just being able to mock
up some applets in Java doesn't make you a webmaster.

BTW: If you want to apply for the coffee brewing job: DPNY
Communications S.L. - c./Federico Garcia Lorca 14, 1° - E-07014 Palma
de Mallorca - (e-mail address removed). The ad was on page 256 of the c't
magazin 18/2003.

Roedy Green

The job
description included "and anyway, you brew coffee from time to time".

In a small company, willingness to do whatever needs to be done at the
time, from moving furniture to making coffee is a delight to your
boss.

If you are applying to such a company, give hints you are that sort of
person.

Mark Preston

i am 18 year old student currently training to be a java webmaster in the uk and was wondering what the starting pay is like and if java is really a DEAD lang?
If you have been told "java is a dead language" then there are some
serious issues about your course.

Joona I Palaste

Mark Preston said:
On Wed, 3 Sep 2003 18:54:05 +0100, "Student"

If you have been told "java is a dead language" then there are some
serious issues about your course.

It's funny how I and two other programmers at our company are getting
paid for writing code in a "dead" language, then.

--
/-- Joona Palaste ([email protected]) ---------------------------\
"The question of copying music from the Internet is like a two-barreled sword."

Tom Davies

Mark said:
If you have been told "java is a dead language" then there are some
serious issues about your course.

But they still teach Latin and Ancient Greek :)

Tom