    (The questions are pretty basic though; JavaEE beginner level if you
    might want to say that :))

    Regards.

    Souffle Dev, Oct 30, 2009

  2. Souffle Dev

    Souffle Dev Guest

    Before someone points it out, I _did_ search for JavaEE mailing list
    using Google. The closest I found was this newsgroup and others such as
    c.l.j.h ...

    Regards.

    Souffle Dev, Oct 30, 2009

  3. Souffle Dev

    Souffle Dev Guest

    Hi Qu0ll,

    [...]
    Thank you. JavaEE is huge especially with a steep learning curve. I did
    Java (JDBC, RMI, Core API and other non-web libraries) for ~4 years at
    university (and still doing) but did not touch anything substantial in
    the JavaEE API which I want to finally start. I've got Eclipse with
    various JavaEE libraries going and now I am deeply looking forward to it!
    Sure will do :)

    Regards.

    Souffle Dev, Oct 30, 2009
  4. Souffle Dev

    Souffle Dev Guest

    What about if I ask about concepts? Has this newsgroup been historically
    getting many of those types of questions. I ask because, if I don't
    understand concepts (such as inversion of control which I am reading
    right now) and others.., it'll be hard to start writing great web apps
    using Java so is it still valid to ask about it in this NG?

    Or, is it purely just discussion of Java codes? Thanks.

    Regards.

    Souffle Dev, Oct 30, 2009
  5. Souffle Dev

    Souffle Dev Guest

    [...]
    Sure. Thank you all! :)

    Regards.

    Souffle Dev, Oct 31, 2009
  6. Souffle Dev

    Lew Guest

    Either one, or both together (cross-posting), but not both separately
    (multi-posting).

    clj.help is, loosely speaking, more about offering or receiving help,
    connotatively for more basic questions but that's not rigidly held.
    clj.programming is a general Java programming forum for all kinds of
    discussion, including help if you wish. The two forums share largely the same
    readership.

    Lew, Oct 31, 2009
  7. Anything related to Java EE design and architecture is fine. That
    includes questions about specific implementations of APIs, at least to a
    point (at some stage implementor developer forums will probably be
    better resources).

    AHS

    Arved Sandstrom, Oct 31, 2009
  8. Souffle Dev

    Lew Guest

    Traditionally, quoted passages are attributed by the handle of the cited poster.

    Lew, Oct 31, 2009
  9. Souffle Dev

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    Yes.

    For some reason there are not a dedicated group for EE.

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, Oct 31, 2009
  10. Souffle Dev

    Souffle Dev Guest

    Snipped for the sake of brevity in the face of attribution! But I'll let
    it be this way if folks prefer it that way ;-)
    [...]
    Oh well.. You can just try hah! :)

    Regards.

    Souffle Dev, Oct 31, 2009
  11. Souffle Dev

    Souffle Dev Guest

    Arne Vajhøj wrote:
    [...]
    So far very true. I found one in Google groups but for some reason it
    was tagged with 'passion'. Thought it was some JEE specific training or
    something so left it there.

    Regards.

    Souffle Dev, Oct 31, 2009
  12. The group to which you refer,

    <http://groups.google.com/group/java-ee-j2ee-programming-with-passion>

    revolves around this frequently recommended tutorial:

    <http://www.javapassion.com/>

    John B. Matthews, Oct 31, 2009
  13. Souffle Dev

    Souffle Dev Guest

    Ahh I see. Thanks for pointing it out. :)

    Regards.

    Souffle Dev, Oct 31, 2009
  14. So what's the damned question?

    Mike Schilling, Nov 1, 2009
  15. Souffle Dev

    Souffle Dev Guest

    It's still stuck in the pipeline. Should be here any time :)
    I am going through voluminous amount of tutorials, PDFs and
    documentations that its not even funny... Pardon me if I have been slow
    in asking questions.... Man this NG is fast... way too fast for a slow
    learner!!

    Now, the serious bit. I was merely asking the resident(tm) user of
    c.l.j.p & c.l.j.h as to whether this NG is the right place to ask
    questions regarding EE (in future of course as-I-get-more-acquainted
    with EE) and I didn't want my OP to mean something like => "I have a
    problem!!!! Halp me halp!!!" kind of thing :). So far, I am satisfied
    with the responses. Thank you.

    Regards.

    Souffle Dev, Nov 2, 2009