Javascript and PHP page problem after adding new button

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Madeleine, Aug 29, 2003.

  1. Madeleine

    Madeleine Guest

    Hi

    I took over management of an established website that I discovered was
    written in php and javascript (I am only familiar with html).

    I needed to add in a new button so I looked at the code, copied the
    code and pasted for the button above and typed over it the names of
    the gifs and gave it a new button number. I found another place in the
    code that appeared to relate so I did the same there too.

    After uploading I tested my new button, it worked, so I deleted the
    original copy I had made of the page.....

    Problem was the new button is now the only one that works and I have
    no idea how to undo what I did to make it work again.

    If someone could take a look and help me sort this I would be so
    grateful.

    The site is www.chp.org.nz

    Thanks so much

    Madeleine

    Madeleine, Aug 29, 2003

  2. Madeleine

    Nizzan Guest

    I don't think anyone can find any php error by looking at the website. Why
    don't you provide a download for the files that you've edited and let us see
    the codes to determine where the error come from.

    Nizzan, Aug 29, 2003

  3. Madeleine

    kaeli Guest

    There's a lot of clickable things on that home page and no real buttons,
    so what exactly doesn't work and what change did you make? If the page
    is another page but that index page, you need to say so.

    ~kaeli~
    Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
    Who is General Failure and why is he reading
    my hard disk?
    http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
    http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

    kaeli, Aug 29, 2003
  4. Madeleine

    Madeleine Guest

    Thanks Nizzan, I assumed you could view the source code and that would
    be enough. As you can tell I am in over my head here, so much so, I am
    not sure what you mean by a download file? I could paste up the code
    is that what you mean? Could I email you the page?

    Sorry for being so clueless, I so appreciate any help you can give me.

    Thanks

    Madeleine

    Madeleine, Aug 29, 2003
  5. Madeleine

    Madeleine Guest

    Thanks, I will. Lesson learned.

    Madeleine

    Madeleine, Aug 29, 2003
  6. Madeleine

    kaeli Guest

    The error was php related. Did you get your answer?
    If not, let me know. I think the php group wasn't crossposting to
    javascript, which is where I see this message.

    You'll need to copy/paste your php code so we can see it...

    kaeli, Sep 2, 2003