Javascript and Textarea problem!

Rene Grothmann

I try to send a bunch of lines from JavaScript to a Java applet on the
same page. However, I receive only an empty string, unless the TextArea
has only one line.

Can someone put my nose on the right way to send all lines to Java?

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Rene said:
I try to send a bunch of lines from JavaScript

Which script?
to a Java applet on the same page.

Which applet?
However, I receive only an empty string, unless the TextArea
has only one line.

Can someone put my nose on the right way to send all lines to Java?

With this vague description, no. Post _some_ code, maybe that will help.

<URL:http://jibbering.com/faq/>

PointedEars

P.S.: <URL:http://dcljs.de/>

RobG

Rene said:
I try to send a bunch of lines from JavaScript to a Java applet on the
same page. However, I receive only an empty string, unless the TextArea
has only one line.

Can someone put my nose on the right way to send all lines to Java?

As a complete stab in the dark, have you tried replacing all newlines,
carriage returns, linefeeds, tabs, etc. with a single space? e.g.

var varToPass = TAref.value.replace(/\s+/g,' ');

varToPass has the value of the textarea with newlines, carriage returns,
linefeeds, tabs, etc. replaced by single spaces.

TAref is a reference to the textarea and varToPass is the variable to send
to the applet.

Rene Grothmann

The first answer helped me in so far, as it told me that the thing must
work. So I redid the HTML file from a fresh start, and miracously
everything works now as expected. I have no idea, what I did
differently from the last time. Must have been a silly error.

I have some other problem with the speed of the reaction on the first
button press. However, I will open a separate thread for this.

Thanks all.