    JS Guest

    Is there an API for JavaScript like for normal Java? I would like to which
    methods it possible to call on a "document" object as an example.

    JS, May 26, 2005

  2. No, or rather, there are several of them.
    Ask on a JS group..
    <http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.javascript>

    But the short answer is 'feature detection', once you know
    what methods/elements *might* be available, you can ask the
    browser itself if it supports them.

    [ Now get thee to a JS group! This is off-topic for c.l.j.p. ]

    Andrew Thompson, May 26, 2005