JavaScript include and Pocket PC Internet Explorer

WL

Hi,

I seem to have a bizar problem:

I have a .HTML file with:
<script language="javascript" src="include.aspx"></script>

In the include.aspx (on load) I do:
Response.ClearContents();
Response.ContentType = "text/javascript";
Response.Write ("document.write ('hello world');");
Response.End();

When calling the HTML file in IE I get the required outcome (the
document.write is executed and shows the result).

However, if I call the HTML file in Internet Explorer of my Pocket PC 2002
the document.write seems not be executed. When I use a plain and simple .js
file to "include" it works.

Does anyone have an idea ?

Thanks,

Wim

Ad

Martin Honnen

WL said:
I seem to have a bizar problem:

I have a .HTML file with:
<script language="javascript" src="include.aspx"></script>

In the include.aspx (on load) I do:
Response.ClearContents();
Response.ContentType = "text/javascript";
Response.Write ("document.write ('hello world');");
Response.End();

When calling the HTML file in IE I get the required outcome (the
document.write is executed and shows the result).

However, if I call the HTML file in Internet Explorer of my Pocket PC 2002
the document.write seems not be executed. When I use a plain and simple .js
file to "include" it works.

Does anyone have an idea ?

Try whether
Response.ContentType = "application/x-javascript";
but that is only a guess as I have no experience with IE Pocket PC.

Ad

WL

Hi Martin,

Bullseye ! This works !!! Seems that Pocket IE is a bit pickier than desktop
browsers in this matter !

Thanks again

Wim