JavaScript include and Pocket PC Internet Explorer

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by WL, Jul 18, 2004.

  1. WL

    WL Guest

    Hi,

    I seem to have a bizar problem:

    I have a .HTML file with:
    <script language="javascript" src="include.aspx"></script>

    In the include.aspx (on load) I do:
    Response.ClearContents();
    Response.ContentType = "text/javascript";
    Response.Write ("document.write ('hello world');");
    Response.End();

    When calling the HTML file in IE I get the required outcome (the
    document.write is executed and shows the result).

    However, if I call the HTML file in Internet Explorer of my Pocket PC 2002
    the document.write seems not be executed. When I use a plain and simple .js
    file to "include" it works.

    Does anyone have an idea ?

    Thanks,

    Wim

    WL, Jul 18, 2004

  2. Try whether
    Response.ContentType = "application/x-javascript";
    but that is only a guess as I have no experience with IE Pocket PC.

    Martin Honnen, Jul 18, 2004

  3. WL

    WL Guest

    Hi Martin,

    Bullseye ! This works !!! Seems that Pocket IE is a bit pickier than desktop
    browsers in this matter !

    Thanks again

    Wim

    WL, Jul 18, 2004