javascript messagebox help

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Mike Fellows, Jan 17, 2006.

  1. Mike Fellows

    Mike Fellows Guest

    ive read a few tutorials, but i cant get my head round it,
    all i need is a messagebox that displays "update" "new"

    on update i want it to update a record, on new i want it to create a new
    record

    how do a) create the messagebox
    then b) interprate the click

    i understand i need to do this in javascript, all the tutorials ive read are
    overlly complicated

    just needs simple code

    if button = update then update
    if button =new then createnew

    etc

    thanks

    Mike Fellows, Jan 17, 2006

  2. There is no preset message box with buttons you want. You need to make an
    html dialog with these 2 buttons, call it up from you client code, get the
    return value telling you what button was clicked and pass this value to the
    server site. There is nothing complex in it if you already know how to make
    every single step and how to tie the things together. If you don't, you will
    either have to learn or to give up the whole idea.

    Eliyahu

    Eliyahu Goldin, Jan 17, 2006