JavaScript object specifications in Mozilla source?

James

I've been looking at the Mozilla source (1.8b1) and I thought that
there I might find definitions of the various client-side JavaScript
objects (e.g. history, navigator). Has anyone managed to find these
definitions in the Mozilla source code? Grepping for say "navigator"
in the mozilla/js directory (and subdirectories) returns only one
non-relevant match. I would like to see how these objects are
implemented in source-code

-James

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

James said:
I've been looking at the Mozilla source (1.8b1) and I thought that
there I might find definitions of the various client-side JavaScript
objects (e.g. history, navigator).

Those are no longer Core/Client-side JavaScript objects since JavaScript
1.4, and Mozilla/5.0 rv:1.8b implements JavaScript 1.6. Different to
Microsoft JScript (or so it appears), the distinction between core
language and the (Netscape Navigator) Document Object Model was made
late in the JavaScript language, at least it was in its documentation.
Has anyone managed to find these definitions in the Mozilla source
code? Grepping for say "navigator" in the mozilla/js directory (and
subdirectories) returns only one non-relevant match. I would like to
see how these objects are implemented in source-code

I do not have an ad-hoc URL, but you should read this first:

<URL:http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/The_DOM_and_JavaScript>

XULPlanet is a good start to find out what the used interfaces for host
objects provided by the Gecko DOM are:

<URL:http://xulplanet.com/references/objref/>

You can then look for the corresponding interface identifiers in

<URL:http://lxr.mozilla.org/>

HTH

PointedEars

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn