javascript popup using html "map" tag?

Mosher

Hi all, is there a good way to have a popup window appear using Javascript
and the html "map" tag? Here is my code:

<map name="navigation">
<area shape="rect" coords="5,57,45,70" href="index.php" alt="Home">
</map>

I would like to have this link be a Javascript "onclick" type popup function
with no scrollbar, etc.

Thanks,

Mosher

kaeli

Hi all, is there a good way to have a popup window appear using Javascript
and the html "map" tag? Here is my code:

<map name="navigation">
<area shape="rect" coords="5,57,45,70" href="index.php" alt="Home">
</map>

I would like to have this link be a Javascript "onclick" type popup function
with no scrollbar, etc.

Not the best solution in the world by any means, but it should work for most
people:

<area shape="rect" coords="5,57,45,70" href="javascript:window.open
('index.php','','height=400,width=
400,toolbar=no,scrollbar=no,resizable=yes'" alt="Home">

Note that people who use tabbed browsers and prefer to middle-click to open
links in tabs will hate you. ;)

I'm not sure if the area element supports onClick, but this would be a better
solution if it does: (I'm too lazy right now to go look; I just woke up
*LOL*)

<area shape="rect" coords="5,57,45,70" href="index.php" onClick="window.open
('index.php','','height=400,width=
400,toolbar=no,scrollbar=no,resizable=yes';return false;" alt="Home">

That way, clicking on the link would open in a new window for left-clicks,
but people middle-clicking or right-clicking or people without script enabled
could still use it as they desired.