Javascript problem

meehirjha1

Hello, can any body help me out..

I have some td element which have following ids
ctl1_lnkPrint
ctl2_lnkPrint
ctl3_lnkPrint
ctl4_lnkPrint
ctl5_lnkPrint

and i just know the "lnkPrint", so i have to use wildcard characters...
(something like *lnkPrint)

I want to trap all TD elements with the above sequence id from the html
document (using getElementbyID....) and replace those td element with
blank td element...

Can anybody give me javascript of above scenario....

Thanks in Advance
Meehir

meehirjha1

Hi Andy,

I am not 100% satisfied with ur solution,
as i have mentioned that i dont know the exact id of td element.

I just know later part of id in advance (eg. lnkPrint of ctl2_lnkPrint)
and i want to scan the innerhtml part of some document through the loop
and find those td element with lnkPrint as suffix.

As I cant use server side code, so i dont take any benefit of ur
solution of C#.

Actual scenario is:
--------------------
i am navigating from page1 to page2, in page2 i am showing some html
section of page1 in page2 by
lblData.innerhtml = window.document.getelementbyid(id).innerhtml

But out of this html, i dont want to display some td element with
lnkPrint as suffix.

For that, i want to scan the innerhtml part of that document through a
loop and find those td element with lnkPrint as suffix.

Yann-Erwan Perio

i am navigating from page1 to page2, in page2 i am showing some html
section of page1 in page2 by
lblData.innerhtml = window.document.getelementbyid(id).innerhtml

This looks strange, the syntax isn't correct and suggests you get your
data from the same page and not from different documents. Are you using
frames? If not how do you import the nodes from the first document?
But out of this html, i dont want to display some td element with
lnkPrint as suffix.

For that, i want to scan the innerhtml part of that document through a
loop and find those td element with lnkPrint as suffix.

I'm not sure to have understood your scenario, but check whether the
following does help you - it exemplifies some DOM methods (replaceChild,
getElementsByTagName, createElement) and introduces a regexp to find the
elements you're looking for.

---
table {
border:thin #dd8 groove;
}
td {
margin:1px;
background-color:#ffc;
border: solid 1px #dd8;
font-family:Garamond;
width:3em;
height:3em;
text-align:center;
}
td:hover {
border: solid 1px yellow;
}

<tbody>
</tbody>

<form action="foo">
<input type="button" value="foo()" onclick="foo()">
</form>

<script type="text/javascript">
function foo(){
if(
document.createElement &&
document.getElementsByTagName &&
document.replaceChild
){

var td=document.getElementsByTagName("td"); // or another container
for(var ii=td.length; ii--;) {
if(/lnkPrint$/i.test(td[ii].id)) {
td[ii].parentNode.replaceChild(
document.createElement("td"),
td[ii]
);

</script>

drWot

If you manipulate members of a nodelist, their indexes can change to reflect
the new order.
Get an array of elements that fit the id "closeness" test;
then do whatever to each of the elements in the array.

in your example str is a regular expression: /ctl(\d+)_lnkPrint/;
tag is 'td';

function nearEnough(str,tag){
var A= document.getElementsByTagName(tag);
var X= new Array();
var L= A.length;

for(var i= 0; i< L; ;i++){
var who= A;