    false or true? Any help would be great.

    Thanks,
    Jim

    Jim Ciotuszynski, Jul 6, 2004

  2. See if this code helps. All you have to do is structure your client side
    script.

    <button OnClick="Click1()">Click Me</button>
    <script Language="VBScript">
    Function Click1()
    IF FuncYes Then
    Msgbox "Returns True"
    Else
    Msgbox "Returns False"
    End If
    If FuncNo Then
    Msgbox "Returns True"
    Else
    Msgbox "Returns False"
    End If
    End Function
    Function FuncYes()
    FuncYes = True
    End Function
    Function FuncNo()
    FuncNo = False
    End Function

    </script>

    Regards,

    Trevor Benedict R
    MCSD

    Trevor Benedict R, Jul 6, 2004

  3. OK, this is what I have for my testing purposes:
    ASP.net project with a button and a checkbox on it. in the code behind form load I have:
    Button1.Attributes.Add("onclick", "vbscript:confirm_delete()")

    Here is the vbscript code:

    Function validMe()
    if form1.CheckBox1.Checked = False then
    validMe = False
    Else
    validMe= True
    End if
    End Function

    What I would like to happen is the button1_click event in the code behind page not to fire if the return is FALSE. I can get it to work in JavaScript just fine, I need to get it to work in Vbscript.

    Thanks,
    Jim

    Jim Ciotuszynski, Jul 6, 2004
  4. OK, this is what I have for my testing purposes:
    ASP.net project with a button and a checkbox on it. in the code behind form load I have:
    Button1.Attributes.Add("onclick", "vbscript:confirm_delete()")

    Try it without the "vbscript:". I believe you only want that on the href of an anchor tag.

    Jim Ciotuszynski, Jul 6, 2004
  6. Why not write your core function in VBScript and then call it from a
    JavaScript function with the return keyword. I am sorry to put you on a
    wild goose chase. This computer that I am sitting on is a WIN98 box with
    none of my stuff to test anything for you.

    Regards

    Trevor Benedict R
    MCSD

    Trevor Benedict R, Jul 6, 2004
  7. Well it looks like I'll have to bite the bullet and start writing my code in
    Javascript, it's just that I know VB very well (been using since vb for DOS.
    think I still have the software somewhere) and it's just a lot quicker for
    my development needs. Thanks for everyone's help.

    Jim Ciotuszynski
    CTO/CIO eMedsoft.com Inc.

    Jim Ciotuszynski, Jul 6, 2004
  8. Jim Ciotuszynski

    nescafe

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Found this thread with no answer; you can use the statement 'window.event.returnValue = True/False' for this

    nescafe, Sep 15, 2011