JavaServer Faces not calling setter method

Martin Kess

I'm using JSF's myfaces implementation, and I've run into a problem
that I can't figure out how to fix.

My getter and setter are as follows:

public UploadedFile getUpFile() {
return this.upFile;
}
public void setUpFile(UploadedFile upFile) {
this.upFile = upFile;
}

The relevant line in my JSP file:
<x:inputFileUpload size="100" id="upFileId"
value="#{CsvUploadBean.upFile}" storage="file" required="true"/>

And the managed bean is defined as follows:

<managed-bean>
<managed-bean-name>CsvUploadBean</managed-bean-name>
<managed-bean-class>bean.CsvUploadBean</managed-bean-class>
<managed-bean-scope>request</managed-bean-scope>
<managed-property>
<property-name>defeinedFileSize</property-name>
<value>5m</value>
</managed-property>
</managed-bean>

Now my problem is that my getter method (getUpFile) gets called when
it's supposed to, but my setter (setUpFile) never gets called.

Anyone have any idea why that could be?

Thanks in advance.

hiwa

From the tomahawk javadoc for inputFileUpload tag:
<quote>
value false false java.lang.String Initial value to set when rendered
for the first time.
</quote>
Apparently, only getter is supported ...