JSON schema ??? SQL-Binding ??? HTML-Form-Binding ???

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Jörg Weule, Nov 26, 2011.

  1. Jörg Weule

    Arno Welzel Guest

    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, 2011-11-30 14:53:
    BTW: JSON = JavaScript Object Notation

    On <http://www.json.org/>:

    "
    [...]
    In JSON, they take on these forms:

    An object is an unordered set of name/value pairs. An object begins with
    { (left brace) and ends with } (right brace) [...]"

    I assume this is what Dennis described as "serialising a data object".

    And even RFC4627 talks about "objects":

    "2.2. Objects

    An object structure is represented as a pair of curly brackets
    surrounding zero or more name/value pairs (or members). A name is a
    string. A single colon comes after each name, separating the name
    from the value. A single comma separates a value from a following
    name. The names within an object SHOULD be unique.

    object = begin-object [ member *( value-separator member ) ]
    end-object

    member = string name-separator value"

    Just to understand it the difference: Is "serialising a data object"
    only valid for CORBA, DCOM, JDO etc. and "(object) data exchange" is
    only valid for JSON?

    Arno Welzel, Dec 2, 2011