just install visual web developer express 2005

Guest

hey all,

how do i switch the instance that was installed with visual web developer to
mixed mode and/or how do i assign sa a password and/or does sa have a default
password when first installed?

thanks,
ari

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

The first thing I would do, at least with a developer machine, is enable the
SQL Browser. You can do this via the Server Network Configuration tool. You
might also want to set up additional protocols, depending on your needs:

http://blogs.msdn.com/sqlexpress/archive/2004/07/23/192044.aspx
http://blogs.msdn.com/sqlexpress/archive/2004/07/02/172229.aspx

I had a page that had a command line way of turning on mixed mode, but
cannot find it right now. It is similar to the MSDE methodology, so you can
try this:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;325022

There was also a registry hack to turn mixed mode on. Worst case, you can
uninstall and install with mixed mode on (this has been available since beta
2 of Express).
http://www.programmingmsaccess.com/Presentations/SSEForCAUG_files/frame.htm#slide0012.htm

--
Gregory A. Beamer