jython type coercion to interface type

Harald Kirsch

How would I call a java constructor which takes a java.lang.CharSequence
as argument. Say, the java class goes like this

class X {
public X(CharSequence s) { ... }
}

In the jython interpreter I tried along the lines of

x = X("bla")

and got "1st arg can't be coerced to java.lang.CharSequence". Then

x = X(CharSequence("bla"))

and got "can't instantiate interface (java.lang.CharSequence)"

Is there a way to typecast String to CharSequence or, mor generally,
a type to a supertype or interface?

Harald Kirsch