keep getting not in debug config

Paul

Hi I am trying to debug a asp.net project done by someone
else and when I try to start it in debug mode I get the
(not in debug config message). I checked the web.config
file and the tag is set as
<compilation defaultLanguage="vb" debug="true" />
which looks ok. I am running everything on my local
machine, using IIS 5.0. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks
Paul.

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]

Paul,

What is the exact error you are getting?

Jim Cheshire, MCSE, MCSD [MSFT]
Microsoft Developer Support
ASP.NET
(e-mail address removed)

--------------------

Paul

Hi Jim,
thanks for the response. I have this working now, had
to go into IIS and set up a virtual directory. I recently
took over a asp.net project and have had classes but not
much hands on exp. Anyhow now I think when IIS starts up
there is a message (port xx already in use by another
user). Everything seems to work ok, even with this
message. I tried changing the port from IIS, gets rid of
error message, but then asp.net project does not open, get
error asp.net 1.1 not found on server. Thanks Paul.

From: "Paul" <[email protected]>
Sender: "Paul" <[email protected]>
Subject: keep getting not in debug config
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 09:31:59 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.buildingcontrols

Hi I am trying to debug a asp.net project done by someone
else and when I try to start it in debug mode I get the
(not in debug config message). I checked the web.config
file and the tag is set as
<compilation defaultLanguage="vb" debug="true" />
which looks ok. I am running everything on my local
machine, using IIS 5.0. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks
Paul.

.

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]

Hi Paul,

If you've got another program listening on port 80, IIS should choke when
you try and hit port 80. I'm not sure what's up with the "already in use
by another user" message. You might want to post the exact message to the
IIS newsgroups, or someone here with more experience in IIS might be able
to enlighten us.

As to ASP.NET not working when you hit it after changing the port, are you
explicitly entering the correct port number when you create the site? For
example, if you change the port to 8000, you would need to enter the URL as
follows:

http://localhost:8000/myProject

From: "Paul" <[email protected]>
Sender: "Paul" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 09:31:59 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.buildingcontrols

Hi I am trying to debug a asp.net project done by someone
else and when I try to start it in debug mode I get the
(not in debug config message). I checked the web.config
file and the tag is set as
<compilation defaultLanguage="vb" debug="true" />
which looks ok. I am running everything on my local
machine, using IIS 5.0. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks
Paul.

.

Paul

Jim, thanks for the information. I was not entering the
correct URL after changing the port, as specified below.