Kill Javascript infinite loop

mailpitches

Hello,

Is there any way to kill a Javascript infinite loop in Safari without
force-quitting the browser?

MP

ASM

Hello,

Is there any way to kill a Javascript infinite loop in Safari without
force-quitting the browser?

seems to not be a real problem, it's so easy to do ...

Menu File / New Tab
or Apple + T
control+clic on looped tab -> popup menu : Close tab
or click on looped tab then Apple + W

Hywel Jenkins

Hello,

Is there any way to kill a Javascript infinite loop in Safari without
force-quitting the browser?

Why do you have an infinite loop without a programmatic method of
escape?

Zombie

(e-mail address removed) says...

Why do you have an infinite loop without a programmatic method of
escape?

Because we are programmers, not God, and cannot foresee everything.
Sometimes we try out a loop only to see if it is infinite or not, sometimes
we try out a loop to find out other things, and find it is infinite even
though we were not looking for it. So, if you can answer the question,
please do so. Being stuck in an infinite loop myself, I am very interested.

Simon.

Hywel Jenkins

Because we are programmers,

Perhaps not very good ones, at that.

Very funny.

and cannot foresee everything.

You should at least be able to see that you may need a way out of an
infinite loop, especially when debugging.

Sometimes we try out a loop only to see if it is infinite or not, sometimes
we try out a loop to find out other things, and find it is infinite even
though we were not looking for it. So, if you can answer the question,
please do so. Being stuck in an infinite loop myself, I am very interested.

A truly remarkable paragraph.