LinkButton Client side code firing before server side code

alexmac262

Please forgive as I have never posted to a group before and this is my
first attempt at getting help on the internet.

Inside an update panel I have a linkButton in a Gridview control
template field. I need to pass several control values from the grid
to a popup window. The solution that I came up with was to extract
datakey values in RowCommand, store them in hidden textboxes and use a
query string to pass the values.

The problem I encountered was client side javascript firing before
server side code. I attempted to use RegisterStartup script with same
result.

Thank you,
Alex

Norman Yuan

That is the way it is: if a sver control has client side script associated
with client side event, the script runs first before the page is submitted
to server, where server side event then fires.