Linking blues

Sreenivas

Hi,
I am facing a strange problem. When I add/modify some code in a class
and rebuilding the shared library with VC++(cl.exe) compiler, I don't
see the effect. The execution flow still follows the old structure
when I debug that program. I am running the application on Windows2000
Server. I know that in Unix based systems, we need to set the
environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH in order to load the correct .so
objects at runtime. What is the similar variable in Windows? Is this
problem occuring because of that wrong DLL or something else? Thanks
in anticipation.
With Regards,
Sreenivas T.

Rob Williscroft

Sreenivas wrote in in
comp.lang.c++:
Hi,
I am facing a strange problem. When I add/modify some code in a class
and rebuilding the shared library with VC++(cl.exe) compiler, I don't
see the effect. The execution flow still follows the old structure
when I debug that program. I am running the application on Windows2000
Server. I know that in Unix based systems, we need to set the
environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH in order to load the correct .so
objects at runtime. What is the similar variable in Windows? Is this
problem occuring because of that wrong DLL or something else? Thanks
in anticipation.

You need to ask this in a windows programming group as that is where
the real experts on this hang out (also its off topic here).

But (I'm guessing) you need to manually stop every programme
that is using the dll before you rerun the debugger.

Also check out the microsoft groups in the microsoft.public.*
hierarchy of newsgroups.

Rob.

Alex Mizrahi

(message (Hello 'Sreenivas)
(you :wrote :eek:n '(10 Dec 2004 00:29:43 -0800))
(

S> Server. I know that in Unix based systems, we need to set the
S> environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH in order to load the correct .so
S> objects at runtime. What is the similar variable in Windows? Is this
S> problem occuring because of that wrong DLL or something else?

there is a description how system searches for dlls in doc for LoadLibrary
function.
if you find you're using old dll, that means that system found that old dll
first.
at least i never seen wrong behaviour otherwise.

)
(prin1 "Jane dates only Lisp programmers"))