    vikramster Guest

    Hi,

    I have recently set up Code::Blocks IDE with GNU C++ compiler. But seems like some setting is missing. Even if I write a simple "Hello World" application, I am getting following error:

    vikramster, Oct 19, 2012

  2. vikramster

    jacob navia Guest

    Le 19/10/12 08:31, a écrit :
    But seems like some setting is missing.

    Even if I write a simple "Hello World" application, I am getting
    following error:That software is SO full of bugs, that is completely unusable. I could
    never bring it to compile a hello world program, so I wish you good luck.

    The way I solved that is to erase it from my hard drive and stop wasting
    time with it.

    jacob navia, Oct 19, 2012

  3. I would have to disagree, I have been using Code::Blocks for a long time and I find it most efficient. I guess you could try Dev-C++ or the less impressive VC++ that is for free. However, I would think twice about the VC++.

    Rene Ivon Shamberger, Oct 19, 2012
  4. vikramster

    jacob navia Guest

    Le 19/10/12 14:21, Rene Ivon Shamberger a écrit :
    I guess you could try Dev-C++ or the less impressive VC++ that is for
    free. However, I would think twice about the VC++.
    Well, you could have explained why that error appears if you find it OK.

    Maybe it is "efficient" but if I can't bring it to compile a hello world
    program after 15-30 minutes efforts I give up sorry.

    "ln.exe" is possible the replica of ln under Unix. Why does it fail?
    Why does the software use "ln" for making a simple C project?

    How do you get rid of that error?

    jacob navia, Oct 19, 2012
  5. vikramster

    Nobody Guest

    Why are you invoking ln.exe at all, let alone with a -o switch?

    Did you tell it to use "ln.exe" (the program to create symbolic or hard
    links, which don't exist on Windows) instead of "ld.exe" (the program
    which links object files together to form an executable)?

    Nobody, Oct 19, 2012
  6. vikramster

    jacob navia Guest

    This is in the generated makefiles, it is not a user's fault

    jacob navia, Oct 19, 2012