linking XML docs

perturbed

Hi people, I was wondering if anyone could offer me some advice. I'm
building a database of XML documents using eXist (which seems pretty
good so far). I can create, store and search individual XML files
without any difficulty. However, I need to link one XML file to
another. For example, one XML file will describe a virus. I was
hoping to store the genetic sequences found in this virus in separate
XML documents, and link these documents in with the virus XML
document. This would be equivalent of linking two tables in a
relational database. Hopefully, eXist would recognise these links and
be able to search through them (eg. find all viruses whose sequence
contains ATGGG)
Any advice on how to do this ?

many thanks for any input

Kimanzi Mati

Not sure about eXist but that is what XPointer and XLink are for. Check the
documentation to see if they are supported by eXist. They are W3C specs.

Kimanzi Mati
www.emergentlogic.com