Live chat system anyone?

John Dalberg

I am looking for a software package hopefully open source for a live chat
system in C#.. one that's similar to phplivesupport.

I have contacted the vendors I found in the component gallery at asp.net
but none have responded!! That's poor customer service for me.

I will probably use an open source one and extend it myself. Any
suggestions?

It needs to satisfy these:
- User, web server and operator are on 3 different machines.
- Operator should be able to get notified when a chat request comes in. The
operator could be working in another Window. Having the chat window get
focus all the time is not an option.

J.

Fluker

Hi John,

It's not difficult to develop it yourselves. The basic faundamental for it
is :

=> Keep a Channel
=> Keep Users hooked to this channel
=> Maintain status (Request,Online,Offline,Chat etc)
=> Keep Messages inserted with related channel.

Both (user and admin) check the db from time to time. Use a "frame 0" to
achieve refresh silently so that users(admin and user) will not notice it.

That's about it !

I have developed software for my company but can't disclose any further.

Thanks,
Best Regards,
Flu.