Live Chat

Eric

I'm wanting to set up a complex chat system. I'm just doing some initial
research at the moment. Perhaps this is a little off-topic, and I apologise
in advance for that, but I don't know where else to start and a lot of yuo
guys have been very helpful in the past.

I have a web site which generates sales enquiries via an online form. These
enquiries go into a database (MySQL). I have about 100 dealers who regularly
log in to a back end system and view the enquiries which they are allowed
to. They can then use the back end system to send quotes out to the original
enquiror. The whole thing is written in Perl.

My question is this... How can I set it up so that the enquirors can enter
into a "LiveChat" stylee conversation with the dealers if they want? I
_need_ to be able to record the conversations so that dealers and enquirors
alike can browse through their past messages.

I've been looking at third party software such as LivePerson - but to use
their setup would require me to have an account for each of my dealers, and
probably would not let me customise it in the way I require.

Any ideas?

Many thanks!!!

Eric

John J. Trammell

kz

Eric said:
[...]

I have written a network chat app using POE not so long ago.
You might want to check http://poe.perl.org?POE_Cookbook

Good luck,

Zoltan Kandi, M. Sc.

Arne Gödeke

[...]