load webpage into cell?

Ruslan Kogan

hi....i am trying to load a webpage (ie. abcd.com) in a cell of a
table. Does anyone know if this is possible? If so, how would I do it
with the example code below??

**********Load abcd.com in bottom right cell*********
<head>
<title>Trying to load page into cell</title>
</head>

rf

Ruslan said:
hi....i am trying to load a webpage (ie. abcd.com) in a cell of a
table.

Didn't you like all the answers you got to this question over at CIWAH?

Specifically this one:

It is for an ad that I will have on eBay (ebay.com.au)!! Is that Perl
or PHP??

You can't use server-side scripting on eBay (for obvious reasons). So you
can't use Perl or PHP, and you can't include other web pages.
</quote>

But then again do you really expect anybody to attempt to help you after
this outburst against Neal, one of the more informed regulars in these
groups:

I don't have the time to help people who call me those names, sorry.

what?? you OWN html??? r u the only person with the knowledge on how
this is done??? well if you OWN html....congrats!
</quote>

I certainly would not :)

Spartanicus

hi....i am trying to load a webpage (ie. abcd.com) in a cell of a
table.

So you said in ciwah.
Does anyone know if this is possible?

You've been told the correct answer already, not liking the answer and
then getting shirty with the respondents does not qualify as an excuse
for multi posting.

Matthew Payne

Ruslan said:
hi....i am trying to load a webpage (ie. abcd.com) in a cell of a
table. Does anyone know if this is possible? If so, how would I do it
with the example code below??

**********Load abcd.com in bottom right cell*********
<head>
<title>Trying to load page into cell</title>
</head>

Use an iframe. Cheers.

Ruslan Kogan

Thanks Richard and Mathew! Appreciate your help!!

As for Neal the "informed regula"r - obviously not TOO INFORMED
considering the fact that yahoo.com is the most frequently used
generic website example.

If he actually is fairly knowledgable about about HTML and web design,
id stick to it and definately wouldn't try comedy as a career path.

Neal

As for Neal the "informed regula"r - obviously not TOO INFORMED
considering the fact that yahoo.com is the most frequently used
generic website example.

Actually, "example.com" is standard. I don't give a damn if you disagree.
If he actually is fairly knowledgable about about HTML and web design,
id stick to it and definately wouldn't try comedy as a career path.

I'd worry about your apostrophes and quotes, myself.

I'm a friggin' busybody, you know. Right now I'm peeking in your window.

Helloooo...

You know, whine about me all you want. Don't really give a shit. I'm
merely replying to let you know, and now I'm done. Have fun.

Leif K-Brooks

Ruslan said:
As for Neal the "informed regula"r - obviously not TOO INFORMED
considering the fact that yahoo.com is the most frequently used
generic website example.

If he actually is fairly knowledgable about about HTML and web design,
id stick to it and definately wouldn't try comedy as a career path.

You're just begging for a place in everyone's killfiles, you know.

Mark Parnell

As for Neal the "informed regula"r - obviously not TOO INFORMED
considering the fact that yahoo.com is the most frequently used
generic website example.

example.com is the correct "example" (funny that).

rf

Ruslan Kogan
Thanks Richard and Mathew! Appreciate your help!!

As for Neal the "informed regula"r - obviously not TOO INFORMED
considering the fact that yahoo.com is the most frequently used
generic website example.

I'd say that Neal is very informed. He would certainly know that the
standards actually state that example.com is reserved for this purpose and
that anybody that uses yahoo.com is wrong. Go on, type example.com into your
browsers address bar.

You will obtain:
<quote>

You have reached this web page by typing "example.com", "example.net", or
"example.org" into your web browser.
These domain names are reserved for use in documentation and are not
available for registration. See RFC 2606, Section 3.

</quote>

I'll bet *you* did know that :)

If he actually is fairly knowledgable about about HTML and web design,
id stick to it and definately wouldn't try comedy as a career path.

Straw man argument alert!

Karl Groves

Ruslan Kogan said:
Thanks Richard and Mathew! Appreciate your help!!

As for Neal the "informed regula"r - obviously not TOO INFORMED
considering the fact that yahoo.com is the most frequently used
generic website example.

Actually, it is "www.example.com"

Insulting the regulars isn't a great way to get future help. Especially when
you're wrong.

-Karl

Starshine Moonbeam

Ruslan said:
hi....i am trying to load a webpage (ie. abcd.com) in a cell of a
table. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Wouldn't it be easier just to put a link to the webpage in the cell?

Ruslan Kogan

Starshine Moonbeam said:
Wouldn't it be easier just to put a link to the webpage in the cell?

Yes that would be easier!!! Not making the page at all would
definately be the EASIEST!!!

Neal

Yes that would be easier!!! Not making the page at all would
definately be the EASIEST!!!

**** you.

Do you want to be placated, or do you want to be helped?

BTW, plonk.

Spacen Jasset

Ruslan Kogan said:
Starshine Moonbeam <[email protected]> wrote in message

Yes that would be easier!!! Not making the page at all would
definately be the EASIEST!!!

You could try using the <iframe> tag; see your preferred search engine for
info.

Starshine Moonbeam

Ruslan said:
Yes that would be easier!!!

You sound frustrated. I guess that what happens when you try to do the
impossible. I experimented with having the first page as a white
background and the second as a black background. Neither would render.
I'm guessing that you have to close out your <html> tag before you try
and render another page.

"What about when you click a link?" you asks, you asks. Simple. You've
Not making the page at all would
definately be the EASIEST!!!

Maybe you should consider that...

Joined
Jul 27, 2007
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
LoL Hi everyone, new to this site, new to multimedia and web designs. I would have the same question as the guy you qualified as frustrated hehe. I created two cells, and when you click on the link of the first frame, I want to load a certain predefined page in the second cell. If anyone could point me in a gentle way on how achieving this, I would appreciate. Please keep in mind that I have been only three months in the html and company world.

Also, if you want to rule even more, tell me the AS2 version of that command, since my webpage also contains flash elements.

Thanks in advance ...

Sincerely yours,

WolfRaiser

P.S : I hate html ... really. AS2 ? Anytime baby ! :D