Looking for a good book on ASP .Net

Guest

Hello,

I have been searching for a good book to learn ASP .NET using C# and VS .Net.

One book I came across was "Asp .Net Unleashed, Second Edition". The reviews at Amazon said it was a very good book but many people complained that the author did not use VS .Net but used Notepad instead. Also, the code in the book is written using VB .Net and I would prefer C#.

Does anyone have any book suggestions for ASP .Net for an intermediate level C# programmer who has no experience with either ASP or ASP .Net but does have experience in WinForms and ADO .Net?

Thanx for the help,
-Flack

Dale

I'd suggest ASP.NET Step-By-Step even though the C# parts will be redundant.

Dale

Flack said:
Hello,

I have been searching for a good book to learn ASP .NET using C# and VS ..Net.

One book I came across was "Asp .Net Unleashed, Second Edition". The
reviews at Amazon said it was a very good book but many people complained
that the author did not use VS .Net but used Notepad instead. Also, the code
in the book is written using VB .Net and I would prefer C#.
Does anyone have any book suggestions for ASP .Net for an intermediate
level C# programmer who has no experience with either ASP or ASP .Net but
does have experience in WinForms and ADO .Net?

Scott M.

Programming Microsoft ASP.NET

by Dino Esposito

ISBN: 0735619034

Flack said:
Hello,

I have been searching for a good book to learn ASP .NET using C# and VS ..Net.

One book I came across was "Asp .Net Unleashed, Second Edition". The
reviews at Amazon said it was a very good book but many people complained
that the author did not use VS .Net but used Notepad instead. Also, the code
in the book is written using VB .Net and I would prefer C#.
Does anyone have any book suggestions for ASP .Net for an intermediate
level C# programmer who has no experience with either ASP or ASP .Net but
does have experience in WinForms and ADO .Net?

Joerg Jooss

Flack said:
Hello,

I have been searching for a good book to learn ASP .NET using C# and
VS .Net.

One book I came across was "Asp .Net Unleashed, Second Edition". The
reviews at Amazon said it was a very good book but many people
complained that the author did not use VS .Net but used Notepad
instead. Also, the code in the book is written using VB .Net and I
would prefer C#.

Does anyone have any book suggestions for ASP .Net for an
intermediate level C# programmer who has no experience with either
ASP or ASP .Net but does have experience in WinForms and ADO .Net?

Fritz Onion: Essential ASP.NET (Addison-Wesley)

Cheers,